At IT Works, we strive to perpetuate our client’s success with our products. We provide user groups and training intensives to train users on new product features, to help overcome the challenges of client staff changes, and to address changes in client needs. User groups are designed for clients desiring an update on new features, a quick training refresher or a chance to see how other users are utilizing our software. Training intensives allow individual clients to train new employees and take the utilization of our software to a new level.
User groups are typically held in a city or an institution that hosts multiple IT Works installations. A ‘hosting’ institution or department provides a conference room or classroom space with a projection system for a 2 – 3 hour morning user group training session. The session allows for both teaching by IT Works staff as well as idea exchange between users from different installations. User group topics include:
- An overview of new features that have been added to our software modules over the past two years (such as document management functionality, publication tracking, new report formats, and data entry features)
- A review of the salary and benefit projection system
- An overview of advanced reporting options, including reports that combine data from multiple modules
- Designing internal coding systems
- The use of electronic data feeds
- Setting up module security systems
- Use of electronic / e-mail notification systems
- Use of web-based reports for faculty and principal investigators
- Question and answer sessions
Training intensives are designed for users at one IT Works product installation. They may be conducted via webinars or on-site. Webinar-based intensives are offered in one or two hour increments. On-site intensives are offered independently or as a supplement to a user group. Intensives offered independently are conducted in one or two day sessions. When associated with a user group session, they are conducted in in 4 hour increments.
Training intensives are intended to help clients take advantage of additional functionality within our software; to aid with special implementation requirements; and to offer training to new employees. These sessions use client data and the exact format is designed around the specific needs of individual clients.