At IT Works, our goal is to ensure that our customers optimize the use of our products. That’s why all of our solution purchases and subscriptions include implementation, training, and support services. We provide additional technical services for expediting data loads and software customizations to meet unique user requirements. A complete suite of consulting services are also available for improving, not only the day-to-day use of our software by our customers, but help with developing internal systems and procedures for research and financial administrators. Listed below is an outline of our implementation and consulting services.
Implementation, Training, and Support Services Included with each Solution
All IT Works solutions include professional services for implementation, training, and support. Our professional services are led by experienced project managers and are designed to implement our solutions in accordance with your organizational environment.
Technical Services for Expediting Implementations, User Support, and Customizations
Pre-loading of Data to Expedite Implementations
Our software implementation services are designed to speed up the installation and implementation of our software in your office. These services consist of project management and planning services and the pre-loading of data from existing systems into the backend of the IT Works software products. Examples of data that can be pre-loaded include:
- Lists of active and pending grants
- Personnel data
- Accounting financial transactions
- Account structures and attributions
- Organizational structures and more
In essence, almost any data provided in an industry standard file structure and format can be pre-loaded into our software.
All IT Works SAAS solutions include support plans for each year of their subscription contract. Software purchases include support for one year. Support covering additional years for software purchases is covered by support plans that are renewed annually. All support plans include user support, technical support, and periodic software upgrades.
IT Works delivers turnkey software solutions that are customized to meet the specific needs of individual institutions or users. There are approximately 200 customizations and modifications made to existing IT Works products annually. These modifications are either institution specific or shared with the entire IT Works user community. Most customizations fall into one of three categories:
- Custom Interfaces to Existing Systems (such as general ledger, payroll, and other ERP solutions)
- New Data Entry and Display Forms or Fields
- New Reports
Examples of previous software modifications include:
- Tracking funding agency contact information.
- Storing of pre-award and post-award grant documents.
- Tracking funding agency report due dates and schedules.
- Generating invoices for funding agencies.
- IRB / Protocol budget creation.
- Research publication tracking.
- Grant tracking reports.
- Document management and storage functionality.
- Financial management reports and more.
Improving Day to Day Administrative Operations
System and Procedures Development
IT Works provides expertise in the development of internal systems and procedures to help improve the operation and management of your organization. Since 1987, IT Works has implemented hundreds of installations across the United States, Canada, and Australia, and, in the process, gained a wealth of information from hundreds of financial and research administrators. Combined with grant and financial management experience in higher education and research institutes, our implementation team provide expert consulting services for the development of systems, policies and procedures to fit your needs. Examples of area of expertise include:
- The development of cost accounting coding systems
- Help with formulating time and effort certification policies
- Procedures for managing re-charge centers
- Creation of codes for grant tracking and grant management reporting
- The design of coding systems for tracking space utilization
- Guidance and advice in the analysis of current practices and processes, including – risk assessment, current professional best practices, federal regulations, and audit expectations
- Creation of customized software solutions to automate business processes
IT Works provides offers its own staff as well as other consultants experienced in research administration and financial management within higher education.
All IT Works grant management software products include both user training and support at the time of initial installation. Our supplemental training services are designed for training staff hired after the time of initial implementation and for users desiring to take on new responsibilities. Supplemental training services are provided via web based or on-site Additional training intensives are available in conjunction with user groups in major cities throughout the United States.
Recurring Financial Administration Services
IT Works provides recurring Financial Administration Services, a comprehensive menu of consulting services, designed to supplement and improve the day-to-day operation of our software within your organization. These services are designed and implemented to meet the specific needs of individual clients and are intended to protect your organization against staff shortages due to staff turnover, extended absences, and hiring freezes.
For more information regarding our comprehensive support programs, contact IT Works today.