IT Works research administration software solutions were created to meet the demanding needs of administrators, faculty, and scientists at research intensive institutions. Our powerful, intuitive design results in a simpler, more accurate solution that allows research professionals to spend more time on research and discovery and less on administration. Our solutions emphasize financial management and compliance, and provide quantitative measurements of outcomes such as the numbers and impact factors of publications and presentations generated by research projects. IT Works research administration software automates management processes and includes a powerful reporting engine that provides administrators with quick access to information essential for the management of their organizations.
Meet all of your pre- and post-award financial management functions with IT Works grant management, accounting, and personnel management modules. These modules can be employed independently or integrated as a comprehensive management system for monitoring:
- Total pre- and post-award direct and indirect funding for individual investigators, research teams, or an entire institution by status (active, pending, etc.), funding agency, and organizational unit
- Budget spend down with projections of personnel costs by budget period for individual projects
- Special commitments such as internally sponsored research and start funds
- Salary coverage monitoring for individual and groups of employees
- Indirect cost (F&A) recovery
- Recharge center billing operations
Easy to interpret reports provide summary and transactional information for faculty or research scientists. And senior management can monitor the overall health of individual research teams or their entire organization with sophisticated reports that combine multiple funding sources. The IT Works accounting and personnel management modules integrate with all major ERP systems used in research, academic, and medical environments. Budget, Income, Expense, Encumbrance, and Payroll data can be imported from most ERP system modules (such as GL, Purchasing, HR, and Payroll) to streamline management processes and eliminate redundant data entry.
As research faculty and scientists continue to push the envelope of discovery through sponsored awards and expenditures, questions of compliance have given rise to a heightened need for proven technology-based research administration software solutions to alleviate ever-growing administrative burdens. IT Works modular research administration software solutions provide relief to these burdens with:
- Account and budget reconciliation procedures for verifying the proper use of expenditures
- Effort certification and reporting functionality by employee and project with monitoring of cost sharing and comparisons of actual and committed time
- Mechanisms for monitoring financial and technical reporting deadlines
- Functionality for tracking projects requiring the oversight by compliance committees (such as IRB, IACUC, RSC, IBC, HESC, CSC, etc.) or other issues such as foreign travel, moving equipment to off-site locations, and specialized construction projects
- Document storage
- Special sponsor terms and conditions monitoring
IT Works research administration software allows users to record and monitor publications, presentations, and other outputs resulting from sponsored projects. Publications and other outputs can be linked to the grants that funded the research, which in turn generate the publication or output in order to quantify the impact of the project. Examples of information tracked for publications include:
- Date Published (online or in hard copy)
- Journal (and impact factor)
- Number of citations
- PubMed ID, ISSN, ISPN, Volume, Issue, Pages, etc.
Examples of additional outputs that can be recorded include books, presentations, milestones, and deliverables.
Research Administration Software for both Central Administration and Departments
IT Works’ research administration software is designed for use in both central offices (such as Offices of Sponsored Programs, Contracts and Grants, and Finance) and departments, centers, or schools and is available in both standard and enterprise editions. Interfaces are designed for administrators, research faculty and scientists in order to provide functionality throughout the funding lifecycle. All software modules are armed with a sophisticated, multi-tiered security system that controls user functionality and data access and information is quickly available through web enabled interfaces.
Implementation and Support Services
All IT Works research administration software implementations include project management, training, and support services. These services are provided by IT Works project and implementation managers experienced in applying our products in research intensive environments. In addition, all software modules can be customized as needed to meet each client’s specific installation requirements.
Contact us for more information.