IT Works’ Effort Reporting Software System is an internet-based software solution designed specifically for sponsored programs and research administrators at institutions that rely on a significant amount of federal funding and sponsored programs. It provides the HR, financial, and compliance information needed to empower these administrators to maximize the efforts of their faculty and research scientists and meet the effort reporting requirements mandated by the OMB Uniform Guidance.
The IT Works Effort Reporting Software System is a proven alternative to paper and spreadsheet based reporting systems. It allows institutions to achieve greater compliance by reducing errors and improving data accuracy and efficiency by automating the effort reporting process which increases employee participation.
IT Works Effort Reporting Software System integrates with your institution’s financial, payroll, ERP, and research administration systems to provide data for the effort reporting process. It supports multiple pay cycles and certifications periods and can be configured to meet the unique requirements of your institution’s time and effort reporting policy.
Easy to Use Interface
Our web enabled Effort Reporting Software System that operates like an online banking system. An intuitive user interface designed for administrators, research investigators, faculty, and staff is controlled by a multi-tiered security system that controls data access according to user roles. Researchers can review and generate reports for their own time and effort information or the information for their research team. Administrators can easily monitor and report on the time and effort information for their entire organization.
The user interface combines a powerful selection criteria system with numerous canned reports formats to provide hundreds of reporting options. The criteria selection allows users to determine which data is to be selected from the effort reporting software system for display in one of the formats.
Effort Reporting Software System Criteria Selection Options
Criteria selection allows users to select different variations of data (basically setting filters or parameters for a report) by:
- Certified and/or uncertified effort
- Individual employee
- Groups of employees where the groups are defined by PI, or organizational unit
- Individual funding source
- Groups of funding sources where the groups are defined by PI, organization unit, type (research vs. hard money), funding agency, and agency type (federal, state, etc.)
- Date ranges including certification period, pay period, fiscal year, and budget or project period
- Transaction type (payroll, adjustment, etc.)
Effort Reporting Software System Report Formats
Report Formats – Report formats are designed for managing employees or projects and provide the capability to:
- Produce certified effort statements with attestation statement, user comments, and digital signature
- Compare actual effort to committed effort or percentage paid
- Analyze cost sharing data
- Display amount paid by month, pay period, certification period, funding source or employee
- Monitor adjustments by employee
- Review effort by funding agency, agency type, or organizational unit
- Track detailed activity (such as percent of teaching or administrative time on hard money; and data collection, analysis, project management on sponsored projects)
Information may be grouped and sorted in numerous report formats for:
- Reporting by Employee(s) (in Summary or Detailed formats)
- Reporting by Project(s) / Funding Source(s) (in Summary or Detailed formats)
- Validating and/or Updating Internal Systems (such as GL)
- The notification administrators or senior staff of potential rule violations (such as effort not equaling 100%, actual effort not equaling committed effort, etc.)
The IT Works Effort Reporting Software System provides grant and research administrators with the means to proactively manage and prepare for federal audits and the flexibility to meet the effort certification and reporting requirements of their unique compliance environment.
Contact IT Works for more information regarding our Effort Reporting Software System.