Want a Job as an Integral Member of a Creative and Dynamic Customer Service Support Team?
IT Works Inc. has an immediate opening for a self-motivated software / technical support specialist in our Raleigh office. We are seeking a Software Support Specialist who is looking for a career with an expanding software organization. The ideal candidate has 5+ years’ experience and possesses excellent people, database, and software testing skills. This is a permanent Software Support position.
IT Works develops and implements software solutions for advancing grant and research management at universities and independent research institutions. Our core values include integrity, honesty, authenticity, and teamwork. We offer generous compensation and benefits that include vacation, retirement plan, insurance and more. Come join the winning team at IT Works, Inc. Discover more at IT Works, Inc..
Primary Position Responsibilities
- Backend Database Support: Use remote access software, MS SQL Server, and MS Access for trouble shooting and resolving problems with client databases and product upgrades. In addition, aid implementation staff in developing queries for loading and manipulating data sets in MS SQL Server and MS Access.
- Report Development: Assist software developers in the formatting of reports using Telerik Reporting and Crystal Reports.
- Product Testing: Create test data sets and test modifications to our Department ManagerTM, College AdministratorTM, and Effort AdministratorTM products.
Additional Position Responsibilities
- Frontend Product Support: Offer customer support including problem diagnosis, resolution, and supplemental training to clients via email and phone calls regarding the operation of our software products
- Miscellaneous: Compile / prepare monthly software release packages and monitor daily server backups.
Required Technical Skills
MS SQL Server, MS Access, MS Excel, ANSI SQL, Telerik Reporting, and Crystal Reports.
- 5+ years of IT experience
- 2+ years of Customer Service experience
- 2+ years of query development experience
- College or University Degree, Computer-related specialty, preferred
- Experience with MS SQL Server, MS Access, MS Excel, and ANSI SQL.
- Experience supporting a Microsoft and Web environment in a Help Desk or Desktop Support role
- Knowledge of server operations, infrastructure, web interfaces and remote access tools
- Software problem management and resolution experience
- Pleasant phone manner and superior interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable personality
- Passion for total customer satisfaction and the enjoyment of working with end users
- Stable employment record
- Must pass background check
Annual salary based upon experience and job fit.
Applying for the Position
Please send the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Salary History
- At least two employment references