IT Works has led in the development and implementation of grant, research, and financial management solutions for college, university, research and healthcare institutions since 1987. We combine experience in software system development with extensive knowledge of the needs and operations of university and research institutes to offer field-proven system solutions for financial and research administrators. Located in Raleigh, North Carolina near the renowned Research Triangle Park, IT Works attracts some of the best and brightest programmers the area has to offer.
At IT Works, all of our people and resources are devoted exclusively to improving and perfecting grant, research, and financial management. Our mission is to empower our clients with products and services that maximize the efforts of their faculty and research scientists.
IT Works is dedicated to providing superior customer service. We offer user training, consulting services, system documentation, and a long-term development effort, all devoted to the success of our valued clients. We take pride in delivering prompt, reliable software support for every IT Works solution.
In terms of grant management, we our solutions address the needs in the areas of:
- Pre and post-award grant tracking
- Grant accounting that supplements an institutions GL and includes personnel cost projections and improved reporting
- Effort certification and reporting
- Re-charge center management
We focus on two types of clients:
- Offices of sponsored programs at independent research institutes, colleges and small universities, primarily undergraduate institutions, and research hospitals
- Departments and centers within large, research intensive universities
Our solutions are delivered through 4 primary products:
- College AdministratorTM – A modular solution for accounting, HR management, grant management, space management, and the management of re-charge centers. It is designed for small to midsize universities or large colleges and schools within major universities.
- Department ManagerTM – A solution which provides the same features and functionality of College Administrator. It is designed for large departments and centers within major universities.
- Research AdministratorTM – A solution similar to College Administrator but designed for administrators at independent research institutes and research hospitals.
- Effort AdministratorTM – An internet based time and effort certification and reporting system for administrators and research faculty. It is designed for small to midsize universities, colleges, and independent research institutes.
IT Works has over 345 financial and grant management solutions installed in 155 major universities and research institutions in the U.S., Canada, and Australia.