IT Works enjoyed a banner year of growth in 2015! As we prepare to ring in 2016, we reflect back on a great 2015. Here are a few notable items from this year that we would like to share with you.
We experienced great growth in our office – from the number of team members to the amount of office space we occupy. We welcomed the following new employees this year:
- Mark Dutton, Implementation Specialist
- Ashley Jones, Marketing Manager
- Latasha Mingo, Implementation Specialist
In addition, to accommodate our growing team, we are excited to announce that we have expanded our Raleigh office. On December 1st, we added an additional 1,221 square feet of office space.
This year, we welcomed sixteen new clients – from universities to independent research groups. Additionally, we welcomed new clients in both the Middle East and Africa, extending our services to an international customer base. We appreciate your business, and we are excited to continue working with all of you in 2016!
IT Works was pleased to attend three conferences in 2015 to showcase our products and spend time with our current and potential clients. These conferences included:
- Financial Research Administrators (FRA)
- National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA)
- Society of Research Administrators (SRA)
New Technology and Updates
IT Works continually strives to update our products with new technology and versions that help you with your grant management process. This year, we introduced two new versions, including:
- New web-based version of Grant Module which can either be hosted by the client or hosted by IT Works
- New version of Effort Administrator
Both of these solutions utilize web-based technologies including C#, ASP.NET, jQuery, Entity Framework, and Bootstrap, as well as a new database schema implemented with Microsoft SQL Server.
In addition, IT Works developed and deployed the Output Management submodule. This submodule is available as part of the new version of our Grant Module and allows users to track publications and conference proceedings, as well as other output generated by employees of the institution. These can then be linked to research projects to evaluate output generated from research or output generated by individual. The Output Submodule includes a powerful criteria selection system and several report formats.
This year we also added some great new product features, including:
- Subcontract Detail Report released
- Ability to turn online reports off if not using
- Ability to limit data in the online module by object code (SQL clients only)
- Agency Invoicing Subsystem
- Several new reports added
IT Works is excited about our growth in 2015, and we look forward to expanding upon that growth in 2016. We would like to thank all of our clients, new and returning, for another wonderful year. We look forward to continuing to serve your grant management needs in 2016. From all of us here at IT Works, we wish you all a Happy New Year!